Sweet and Sour Salmon
For the pan seared salmon, you’ll need:
- Skinless salmon fillets
- Vegetable oil
- Green onions or cilantro
- Sesame seeds
And the homemade sweet and sour sauce ingredients you’ll need are:
- Soy sauce
- Pineapple juice
- Light brown sugar
- Rice vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh ginger
How to Make Sweet and Sour Sauce
- In a bowl, whisk together cornstarch and soy sauce (the cornstarch is what will thicken up the sauce).
- Mix in soy sauce, pineapple juice, honey and brown sugar.
- Also mix in rice vinegar, ketchup and red pepper flakes.
- Then heat a little oil in a skillet and lightly saute garlic and ginger.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and let it thicken up and know you’ve got an incredibly delicious homemade sweet and sour sauce.
How to Pan Sear Salmon
- Let salmon rest on counter for 10 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Dab both sides of the salmon dry with paper towels, then season with salt.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is shimmering, cook salmon on one side for about 4 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Plate salmon and spoon sweet and sour sauce over top, then garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.